A tonne of ambition, a fun, supportive community and a team of experts-in-residence makes the King's20 accelerator a unique 12 month experience for the best and brightest ventures coming out of King's.
King's20 Accelerator is the Entrepreneurship Institute’s flagship programme supporting the 20 brightest and highest potential ventures from across the King’s to take their ideas and ventures the next level.
Applications are welcomed from ventures at various stages of development, from those who have conducted customer research and validated their idea, to those who have an established client base and are generating revenue. The programme is open to all King's students, staff and alumni.
Since 2016, we've seen 120 ventures launch and take flight through our King's20 Accelerator. Our ventures have gone on to raise over £39 million in investment and generate over £29 million in revenue, as well as employing over 400 people.
The Entrepreneurship Institute at King’s College London is a unique place to build innovative new ventures from an array of business sectors. King’s, based in the heart of London, has exceptional connections amongst the entrepreneurial ecosystem in London and beyond. Our hybrid programme enables King’s entrepreneurs worldwide to scale their innovations across the globe.
Holly Knower, Head of Ventures
Read more about the ventures who've been through the King's20 Accelerator at our Digital Directory.
You'll receive an estimated £60,000 support which includes:
- 3-month intensive accelerator based around bi-monthly sprints
- 9-months of follow-on support including networking opportunities with investors through our bi-monthly investor interactions
- 10 in-house expert mentors (incl. a growth, designer, technologist, investor, & 2 coaches) & regular external mentors
- Exclusive access to internal funding grants and signposting to grant funding opportunities
- Bookable hotdesking facilities for up to 5 team members at our iconic Bush House coworking space
- Leadership training for the King’s20 ventures in alignment with the Seven Skills of an Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Venture profiling and opportunities for exposure through contributions to thought leadership
- A package worth £20,000 including 12-months free accounting, £10,000 access to AWS and Google Cloud credits, software discounts etc
- Wide collaboration opportunities across the King’s College London eco-system and King’s20 alumni network
- Integration of ‘Sustainability’ into your venture in support of King’s College London’s wider mission
- Access to part- and fully-funded interns through our partnership with Santander Universities
- Supportive, inclusive and like-minded community
Equity / Convertible note
At the Entrepreneurship Institute our aim is to support people at King’s to succeed as entrepreneurs in a sustainable way. We also believe in supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs together.
If you do succeed, we want you to be part of this mission by “paying it forward” to support the next generation of entrepreneurs. To support this, each venture that is selected for, and agrees to participate in, the King’s20 Accelerator programme ‘pledges’ to a convertible loan note under which the Entrepreneurship Institute takes 3% equity in your venture, if certain success criteria** are met.
Any funds resulting from this small shareholding, whether from one or more ventures, will be used by the Entrepreneurship Institute to support future generations of entrepreneurs up to the value of a total £250,000 per academic year. Any remaining funds above this figure return to King’s College London. You can read more guidance on how a convertible loan note operates here
Read about King's as a charity and its charitable aims.
** If a venture raises investment of £1million or more in one round of investment and/or generates revenue of £1million or more in one trading year, within 5 years of the start date of the programme. If ventures don’t meet either of these criteria, no shares are taken.
If you have any questions, you can email Holly Knower, the Head of Ventures, at email@example.com.